Thursday, January 5, 2012

Waiting



Good Afternoon! I'm not really in a writing mood today, but I thought I would post anyway.  I am feeling sooooo impatient today! Extremely impatient! You know when you want something so badly and it feels like you've been waiting forever? That kind of impatient! I am getting very frustrated with my job situation.  I am so very thankful for the job that i have right now, but it's just not what I want/need and I'm simply not getting enough hours.  The hours that I AM getting are definitely helping us financially, but if we are ever to get ahead/caught up on our finances, we need more income.  I really want to get a teaching job/non-profit job, but the doors just haven't opened up as of yet.

I had an interview @ STAR Education a week or two before Christmas, but they hired someone else. I may possibly have an interview tomorrow @ a school where they teach English to international students, but still haven't heard back about that. They emailed me and said that I was on the shortlist, so I at least made it through to the interviewing process.  However, I'm not sure what I think about that situation. It would be part time, of course. I think the Spring semester goes through April 30th...then what? Continue on and teach summer semester, find a new job? That''s if they even offered me the job.

I applied for a job @ Boystown down in Santa Ana. The position is for a Family Teaching Couple, so would be for both D and I.  It would basically be like what Christoph used to do. We would have 6-8 troubled kids living with us.  I highly doubt we'll get a call back about that one though. Plus, it's a giant commitment and I don't know how happy D would be because we wouldn't get to spend as much time with his family.

I would REALLY like to get on at  Big Brother Big Sister.  I sent in my application to a bunch of different branches yesterday.  OC branch emailed back and said they weren't hiring at the time, but would keep my resume.  No one else has responded. There are some openings in San Diego, which I applied for, but that's a couple hours south of here. Plus, I haven't heard back from them yet. I saw a position listed on the Jewish BBBS of LA and sent in my resume.  I even called and left a voicemail today, but still haven't heard back. Augh!  I know I just sent in my resume yesterday, but come on already!  :P 

I'm just praying that the right job will become available.....but I hate this waiting game!



I recently came across this quote, “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.” ~Eckhart Tolle .  Sometimes I feel that I can relate to this saying.  Some days I feel like all I do is wait and that pretty soon my life is going to pass me by.  Whether this is true or not, I'm not sure, but this quote definitely inspires me to DO. To accomplish.  It's easy to sit back and do nothing sometimes.  I have so many dreams. So many things that I want to accomplish. I look around and see people who have accomplished so many great things and I wonder, how did they do that? How did they accomplish SO much? I guess maybe it's because they GO for it! They put their thoughts/words into action.  I want to be more like that.  I know that it's not all in just doing.  Some people do and do, yet never accomplish what they set out to do. I think it's a combination of action+ luck+God...but whatever the case...I realized that waiting can be a good things sometimes, but my goal for this year is to DO.  To put things into action. I'm tired of sitting around just waiting. I want to apply this 'Do' Mentality to several areas of my life:

*Health/Weight Loss/Getting Fit
*Spirituality/Faith
*Job/Career
*Hobbies/Skills/Education/Personal Growth
*Relationships/People
*Helping Others/volunteering/making a difference

Waiting has it's time and place, and in some regards it will always be a part of life. But there are some situations where I can take an active role and put some things into action. 


So that is my goal for this next year....to do...to accomplish...to begin to find my place on this crazy roller coaster ride we call life. :)




No comments: