Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's almost Friday! ;)

This past week has FLOWN by! Teaching has been going well I think. I had a student come up to me today and say that he really enjoyed today's class, so that made me feel good! :) And I got my first check from this job!  Here are a few pics of the classroom where I teach:

See the camera mounted at the back of the room right above the clock?
That's the classroom door and leads into the main office
Front of the classroom...Desk where I put my things and the podium where I teach from...I always write the date and agenda on the right hand side of the board..
Activity that we did yesterday during class...


D and I have an interview with Boystown scheduled for next Monday after work.  I'm kind of nervous about it. It sounds like it could be a great deal.  It would be great to have a full time job. However, I have to say that I'm really enjoying my teaching job right now and would be a bit disappointed to leave it. I just got an email yesterday from a different ESL school that wants me to interview for a PT job. They have a morning opening, so there's a possibility that I could work both PT jobs. This new one pays $3 more than my current one...So I could possibly teach from 9-1 and then 1:30-5.  So who knows...we shall see. I'm hesitant to set up an interview with this new school until I find out what's going on at the Boystown interview.

D's mom made sopes last weekend and sent a bunch of them home with us.  I've been eating them all week! I had been eating them with avocados and spinach, but we ran out of them so tonight I ate the last of them with just beans and cheese. They were still pretty yummy though!

This is another yummy thing I've been making lately...It's a Mexican food that reminds me of an elephant ear. It's really simple to make if you're wanting something sweet that is ready quickly.  You fry a tortilla in oil, blot the grease out with some paper towels and sprinkle on some cinnamon and sugar. Super tasty!






Well, not much more to say. I'm sitting here watching Grey's Anatomy and waiting for D to get home.  He went golfing with his brothers. He also went on Tuesday for Jessie's birthday.  I've been busy with lesson planning and things like that so it works. If we are going to take this job with Boystown he won't have a whole lot of free time to spend with his family, so I guess he may as well spend some time with them now. :)

Okay, well that's all for now.  Goodnight!



No comments: