Well, they called me this afternoon and offered me the ESL teaching position. I was genuinely surprised since it's already Monday afternoon. I had concluded that they'd hired someone else. D and I talked it over during his lunch break and I put in my resignation to ABC and accepted the ESL job! I'm really nervous about it all...I hope that I made the right choice. Honestly, I felt trapped @ my other position. Perhaps it was the "safe" place to be, but I think that this leap will offer me more opportunities. I'm approaching it as a stepping stone. We shall see what happens. The current semester goes through the end of April and then I'll go from there I guess. I'm extremely excited, but sooo nervous! I have to figure out how to approach this class! I've never taught ESL before and NEVER taught adults before so this should be a challenge.
My new schedule will be M-F 1:30pm to 5pm. The class is small right now (5-10 students) but could grow. The level is basically conversational language. I think most of the students have a degree and can read/write English, but need to practice speaking and listening in English. I go in tomorrow to take care of paperwork and get my materials. I start teaching on Wednesday! Yikes! Only 2 days away!
2 comments:
It is kind of a leap of faith, but I think you'll do great at this job. It's in your actual field and will give you teaching experience and it seems like you'll have some freedom in planning the class. I'm excited for you! Good luck tomorrow.
Thanks, sister! I hope it goes well! :)
Post a Comment