Monday, January 16, 2012

Remembering the work of MLK Jr.



It's Martin Luther King Jr. Day...a time to recognize all that he did in his work for social justice. Here are a few of my fave quotes:

"At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love." MLKJr.

" Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." MLKJr.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLKJr.

" History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people." MLK Jr.


Also, here's a review of my weekend.

On Saturday, we woke up fairly early and headed over to D's house. We hung out over there for awhile.  Ended up going to lunch w/ Chicho and Crystal.  We went mini golfing w/ everyone and then went to Yogurtland! 

Mini Golfing @ Mulligans Family Center in Torrance

Haunted house on the course...It was a pretty cute course...


 On Sunday, we overslept so didn't make it to church.  We met Larry and Alicia for lunch @ Outback. Afterwards,we headed to D's house. D watched the game w/ the guys and I started working on my lesson plans for the upcoming week.  Alicia and larry had brought their dog so I had playing with him. He's so cute! 


This week is Jessie's 16th birthday so we had a birthday party for him. Ran to Baskin Robbins and got him a Butter Pecan ice cream cake.


Jessie holding his nephew Doby hehe

The Robles guys

Plus the girls

Jessie w/ Berenice and Jacob

w/Rachel and Edgar

w/Crystal and Chicho

w/ Diego and me

Jessie w/ his dad

haha

Cutting the cake!




 

I have spent today picking up the house and working on my lessons plans a little bit.  I called Aunt Lorie and we talked for awhile.  I hadn't talked to her in like six months so it was really nice to see how she was doing and catch up on things.  

Well, that's it for now. Happy Monday,everyone! I hope that you have a great week! :)



No comments: