Well, after a week long visit, mi familia is back in Indiana. They flew out yesterday afternoon/evening. I had such an amazing time with them. I enjoyed spending time with them and showing them all around the area. The week fleeeeew by, but at the same time Christmas seems like forever ago. Time is such a strange thing sometimes....I got used to having everyone around and now it's so strange that they're not here. I woke up this morning, expecting Jennica to be asleep on the air mattress in the living room, but she wasn't....
Sorry I didn't update regularly while they were here. We were just so busy! Here are some of the highlights:
Tuesday: I showed Mom, Dad, and Jennica around San Pedro. ( I already posted some pics in a previous entry.) In the evening, we went to dinner @ Lucille's Smokehouse.
 |
| We put our name in at Lucille's... |
 |
| and then hung at the B&N across the street while we waited... |
 |
| Calvin and Hobbes! |
 |
| Still waiting... |
 |
| Loved the mason jar glasses! |
 |
| The decor was pretty cool too... |
Wednesday: My dad and I went on a hike in the AM. Diego worked until noon. We all went to Quizno's for lunch and then did a little shopping in Torrance. Afterwards, we went to Redondo Beach so that Jennica could get her glasses adjusted and we also stopped at Yogurtland. That evening we went over to D's fam's house for a few hours.
 |
| Lunch @ Quizno's...it was sooo sunny! |
 |
| On the escalator @ Ikea |
 |
| Shopping @ Target |
 |
| First trip to Yogurtland |
 |
| I think they liked it! |
 |
| Visiting w. the Robles Family |
 |
| Mom loved Bigshow! |
 |
| Bigshow w/ Alicia's puppy, Roy |
Thursday: We decided to go to Sea World in San Diego. It was about a two hour trip down there, so not too bad. We got there around 11 am and stayed until about 7:30 pm. It was a fun day! We bought the $30 full day food pass, which was a really good deal. There were four participating restaurants and we could eat there all day, as many times as we wanted. Each time we could get an entree, one side/dessert, and a drink. Unfortunately, the meal pass is NOT the thing to get if you're trying to watch what you eat. Never again!!! Eating became a chore because D and I were trying to get our money's worth. :P haha
We were a little disappointed with the Shamu show because the trainers didn't get in the water. I think it probably goes back to that trainer in Florida that was killed by one of the whales. The show just wasn't the same though. My favorite part was always when the trainer would come up out of the water standing on the whale's nose/mouth. The human/animal interaction is what always made it so special, but there just wasn't much interaction. Plus, their tagline is so corny now, something about "One World"....I think they're trying to make up for the accident and get some good publicity. But it's just become a little over the time, too much musiness/corniness for me. Thankfully, all the mushy stuff was pretty much contained to the Shamu show.
Our favorite was the Clyde and Seamore show! I've always loved this show! It's so funny! However, I noticed that this show was also slightly different..not as good as it used to be. (We used to go to the Sea World in Ohio every year...until they closed it down about 10 years ago.)
 |
| On our way to Sea World in San Diego... |
 |
| Diego and Dad w/ looking all cool with their long jacket skirts...:P |
 |
| Our first stop was lunch :P hehe |
 |
| Group shot! |
 |
| Me and D in our matching purple! |
 |
| Shark Encounter...The sharks were swimming all around us...Thank goodness they were enclosed in glass! |
 |
| @ The Clyde and Seamore Show! This was my fave show! We went there twice! Once for the regular show and then a second time for the Christmas show.. |
 |
| A churro match! |
 |
| Dinner and a show....waiting for the second Clyde and Seamore show... |
 |
| The whole park was decked out for Christmas... |
|
|
Friday: Dad and I ran some errands in the AM/early afternoon. We all worked around the apartment in the afternoon. Mom was working on some laundry, we put some things together, took down the Christmas tree etc. We decided to go to Long Beach for dinner. We ate @ Gladstone's @ Pine Ave. and it was pretty good!
 |
| Tostada salads from El Pollo Locco! |
 |
| Taking the ornaments off of our Christmas tree... |
 |
| Me and Dad putting the tree away... |
 |
| Our leftovers from dinner wrapped up like a duck and a swan! |
 |
| After dinner we decided to walk over to the Shoreline Village... |
 |
| The Chocolate shop was closed...:( We got there just as they turned the lights off... |
 |
| The best churros I've ever tasted! Sooo good! |
 |
| haha |
 |
| It was super foggy out! |
 |
| Light show @ the waterfront in San Pedro... |
 |
| There was even music! It was pretty cool! |
 |
| The light show was created by the same people who created the Belaggio show in Las Vegas.. |
 |
| Sisters! |
 |
| The bridge connecting Long Beach and San Pedro... |
 |
| This was where we ate dinner... |
 |
| Dad and Diego got the coconut shrimp as an appetizer. |
.
More updates coming soon! I was going to write about the weekend also, but I think this is enough for one entry! :)
3 comments:
Yay for family time!
It almost feels like the whole trip was a dream. Were we really there? :p
@ Adina: *like* yup! I had a great time!
@ Jennica: yeah, i know. It does feel somewhat like a dream...haha but we have the pictures, so you know you were here!
Post a Comment