Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's Sunday....



Almost Monday...The beginning of a brand new week.  I can't say that I'm overly excited about this upcoming week because I will be headed back to work. Booo!!! I thought that I wouldn't be working until Tuesday, but found out at the last minute that I am scheduled to start w/ a new client on Monday morning.  The office hasn't even given me the contact info, such as where the school is located, etc. So annoying! I don't know if I will be overlapping w/ someone (training) or if I'll be on my own. I find it all kind of rude actually. But it looks like I'll be getting an additional 8 hours a week, which will be helpful financially. So I should be up to 23 hours a week.

Work Schedule:

MW:  10:30am  to 2:30pm (Client 2)
Tues:   8:30am  to 1:30 pm (Client 1)
Th/Fri:  9:00am  to 2:00 pm  (Client 1)

I have come to the conclusion that working with special needs children is not my cup of tea.  I actually knew this long before I ever started working this type of job, but there seems to be an overabundance of job openings in this line of work and it's the only type of job i can get right now.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the kids that I work with! What they are "lacking" in certain areas, they more than make up for in other aspects.  i.e. some of the children are not very verbal/social, but they are AMAZINGLY talented when it comes to patterns/numbers/sequences. etc. I love my current client to death...he's taught me so many lessons from just simple, daily occurrences. Working with special needs takes a special kind of person and I just don't think that I'm that kind of person.  I can do the job right, I can act interested, but I just don't have the passion for this type of thing.  I would rather be somewhere else, doing something different.  This is not what I want to do with my life.  I feel that I can make more of a difference somewhere else. Honestly, I'm currently feeling bored and waaaaay understimulated in my work arena. But this is where I'm at right now, so I will try to make the best of it. I mean, i guess I was just complaining in my last entry about lack of hours, and here I have eight more hours per week. I should be thankful instead of focusing on the negative. And I AM thankful for any extra income! It is definitely an answer to prayers.



I had an interview on Friday morning @ a local ESL school for international students. It really wasn't much of an interview, the girl spent most of her time explaining the program etc.  The position was a class (consisting of about 5-10 students) that meets M-F  1:30-5pm.  So about 17 hours/week.  The pay is $1 more than what i currently earn, but of course there are no benefits.  She said that she would forward my resume to her boss, who would be making the decision.  Classes started last week so teaching would begin tomorrow.  I still haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming that I did not get the job. Ah well, now that I have these additional hours at my current job, I don't think I could switch to this other position.


But enough about my work rants.....


Yesterday: D and I just kind of chillaxed around the apartment for the majority of the day.  In the evening, we decided to head over to his family's house and we actually stayed there pretty late.


We took this game called Headbanz that I got D for Christmas.  We ended up playing it for a good three to four hours I think! haha The clock read 1:30 when we got home...

 Today:  


Heading out the door to church...I'm wearing a pair of my new earrings that i got for Christmas!


We had a visiting speaker @ church today and he had some good things to say.  One of the major things that I walked away with today is that Christians need to focus on letting God work through us instead of trying to do it on our own.  The scriptures that he focused on were Acts 2: 36-41.  When we RECEIVE  God's Spirit, it is our job to allow it to work through us and change/help us.  However, many times we try to do it all on our own and take control.  I think that I'm definitely guilty of this.  It's a very beneficial reminder that I simply need to seek after God and allow Him to guide me.  After all, that's what the Holy Ghost is all about....

Here's what the rest of our day looked like:
  • Went to Boston Market for lunch.
  • Stopped by D's family's house for awhile.
  • Went to Sears to pick up a Nordic Track mini Stepper:   Courtney had mentioned that she bought of these and it piqued my interest. I've seen them before, but never really thought about buying one.  But I got to thinking that this would be great! I miss having an elliptical machine in the apartment.  I am a lot more likely to work out when I have the equipment nearby instead of having to drive to the gym.  I love workign out while I watch TV or Netflix. It helps the time pass by much more quickly.  So I'm hoping this will become a daily routine! It's a feasible workout that I can do in the mornings or at night. So I'll letcha know how it goes.
         Funny story.  We had ordered the Nordic Track online and went to pick it up at the store.  When we    there, the order wasn't showing up.  I called the customer service number and the operator said the order had gone through, but the employees couldn't locate the order.  Come to find out, we had gone to the WRONG location! haha! So embarrassing, but funny! We drove over to the correct store and picked it up with no problem. Lol!

View @ the mall. The bottom part of the sky was this AMAZING aqua blue. It was gorgeous! Unfortunately, it didn't show up that way in the picture. It shows up yellow instead of blue. :(


On our way, we stopped to gas up the car since we were on empty. I went in to get a latte and it was kind of memorable because it reminded me of the Midwest.  Two different people were really friendly/polite and it just reminded me of home. Most of the people that I've had contact with out here are usually standoffish/unfriendly. I guess it's how it is in the city/West coast.  But this was the first time out here that I've really experienced friendliness similar to that in the Midwest. It was kind of nice. I've missed it....
  • Cleaned out a tenant's apartment:   One of the tenants moved out a month or two ago  and paid D $50 to finish cleaning out his apartment. He'd been putting it off for awhile, but I think his big boss is coming in this week, so he wanted to get it finished. So we spent an hour or two bagging up all the things that he left.  I think we had about 7 giant bags full of trash.  Plus, we had a box of canned/boxed food that we're going to give away.
  • Went to Granny's Yogurt.  Our new favorite self-serve frozen yogurt place! It's almost 10 cents/oz. cheaper than Yogurtland!
My mini stepper. I think I might unpack it before heading to bed.

Well, that's my update for the weekend.  I still need to add some pictures of the last few days before my family left. I'll try to add them in the next day or two!

Hope everyone has a great start to the new week! :)

No comments: