Monday, June 11, 2012

Packing the Pack Rat! :P

Hard to believe that we'll only be here in CA another day or two. It's looking like we will probably leave early Wednesday morning. Pack Rats is supposed to come pick up our container on Tuesday morning. We still have a bit of packing to finish up, but it's probably 90% finished.

Spent all am/early afternoon packing and moving. We went over to D's fam's house to eat lunch. His mom made sopes and empanadas. Then we just hung out there and worked on laundry.


Sunday 6/10: D and his brothers went to pick up the things at the storage shed

Unloading all our stuff so we can put it in the storage container

It's pretty spacious!

Jacob, Chicho, and jessie

Joe and Diego loading the container

Unloading boxes...

ice cream machine!

rolling the machine down the drive way

Sopes for lunch!

Eating

Jessie and D finding a container to make some horchata

Rachel was showing us how to make fresas con crema...strawberries w/ cream

sweetened condensed milk

strawberries!

mixing the cream and the milk

yum1



strawberries con crema!


Well, I started this entry earlier. D and I went over to his mom's house. I did some laundry and we made breakfast. Ran over to a yogurt place in Hollywood. Had to go by the store to pick up some dog food for the doggies. Came back and have been trying to finish packing. I'm getting a headache...I think it's from the heat. It's pretty warm here today. Can't wait to get this stuff packed up. We also need to go to the grocery store and buy some supplies for our trip. I think we'll be eating a lot of pbj!

Okay, that's it for now. Happy Monday! (Wow, it doesn't feel like Monday at all!)

1 comment:

Jennica said...

Glad you had some help moving!