Sunday, June 10, 2012

Trip to Portland...

In the middle of packing, but thought I'd take a break and write a short post. D and Jessie are over at the storage shed packing our things up. I'm here @ Berenice's sorting/packing the things we have here. We ended up getting a Pack Rat shipping/storage container for the move, which they dropped off yesterday afternoon. I think they're going to pick it up on Monday or Tuesday so we have plenty of time to load everything.

It's been a busy couple days. On Wednesday, we flew up to Portland, Oregon for a short seminar. Chicho drove us to the airport early Wed morning and we got to Portland by noon. We flew Virgin America and it was super nice! In fact, I think it was my favorite flight ever. There was lots of room, everything was new, we had music/video/games at our fingertips, it wasn't a full flight, it only lasted two hours, and we had an AMAZING view! Definitely a good experience!

Portland is a really interesting city! It's beautiful and there are a lot of unique people. We didn't have anything scheduled on Wednesday so we decided to ride the train and just explore the city a bit. There's no sales tax in Oregon, which was really nice! I also heard that @ gas stations self-service is not an option. It's some sort of law. Strange!

We were in our seminar from 7:45am to 6:00pm on Thursday. On Friday, it lasted from 7:45am to about 2:30. Learned some interesting things! Our flight wasn't until 8:50 pm on Friday, so we had about six hours to kill. We hung out in the hotel lobby for awhile and eventually walked over to get some yogurt. It was raining out, so we didn't really feel like exploring much. Around 6, we headed over to the airport and then waited there. I was a little nervous about the flight because it was all rainy and foggy out, but everything went smoothly. We got into LA around 11:15 pm and Chicho picked us up.

Here are some photos:















No comments: