We got into town late last night. I think it was about 1:30am. Yesterday was a LONG day! We woke up at 5:45am MST and I think we were on the road by 6:30ish. We drove over 1,000 miles and about 18 hours. We were also running on very little sleep, so it was definitely interesting. haha. I drove for about 2.5 hours in the AM and then about 2.5 hours in the evening. So about 5 hours total, but D drove the other 13 hours! We started off yesterday morning in Denver- drove through the remainder of Colorado, through all of Kansas, angled through Missouri and Illinois, and then into IN through Watseka way. It took forever and a day to drive through Kansas! It was seriously horrible! It was pretty though. Lots of yellow fields and it was a straight drive. It was all stormy looking and rainy out when I was driving in the AM though. It looked like perfect Tornado weather. haha.
Pictures from Day 2 of the road trip 6/ 14:
Okay, well that's it for now. I have to get ready. We're meeting everyone for lunch to celebrate Grandma Stella's bday. More later!
Pictures from Day 2 of the road trip 6/ 14:
| Cameron trading post hotel in Arizona |
| We always see this on our drive into monument valley |
| Posing on balconey @ the view hotel in monument valley |
| Me and D |
| They have a driving path where you can drive through to see the monuments...we started off but turned around because we were afraid our little car would get stuck |
| We paused to take some pictures though |
| Jessie and D |
| They spotted something moving down by one of the trees |
| Jessie went to check it out |
| It was some puppies! |
| D decided to bag up some dirt |
| On our way out of monument valley we randomly pulled off to take a picture and found this sign! |
| They had filmed some of Forrest Gump in this location..the part where he is running |
| Four Corners. We bought some fry bread |
| It was kind of like an elephant ear |
| In four states at once! |
| Me and D |
| Driving in Colorado...it was really pretty! |
| Sunset in Colorado |
Okay, well that's it for now. I have to get ready. We're meeting everyone for lunch to celebrate Grandma Stella's bday. More later!
1 comment:
haha! I love the photo of you all running!
Post a Comment