I've been meaning to write an entry for a couple days now, but just haven't found the time. Have been working on our shop concepts pretty much non-stop for a couple days now. My brain feels fried! I'm definitely on information overload. Earlier in the week, we kind of had an identity crisis which brought us to a name change. So now our logo is temporarily on hold and we're trying to get the decor/theme settled. I have been switching from modern to hippie chic to upcycled and now it looks kind of vintage modern/french industrial. So many ideas, am having trouble finding our identity. I researched some interior designers so we might have to hire one on as a consultant. We shall see. Today I found some furniture that I REALLY love! Here's a peek:
Anyways, that's what I've been looking at lately....
It's been a busy week. I swear the days just fly by. I mainly sit at my laptop @ the kitchen table and sit here researching logos, font, colors, decor, designers, etc. That's pretty much my daily routine.
On Tuesday, we drove over to Monticello, rented a pontoon boat, and went out on the lake. I've only been over to the lake once before and that was a couple years ago when D and I took Kendra to Indiana Beach. This was my first time out on the water and it was pretty fun! D took his fishing gear, but there were not bites, so we ended p just driving around.
Jessie flew back to Cali on Wednesday night. :( Sadness! It's pretty quiet around here without him. We left around 5:30 to head up to Chicago. Since Jessie is a minor, D was able to get a pass and go back and wait with him at the gate. Jennica and I couldn't get through security without a pass, so we just hung out upstairs. The flight was delayed slightly, so his plane didn't take off until a little after 10. So we were waiting there for a couple hours. It wasn't too bad though. Jennica and I just sat and talked..it was pretty fun!
Yesterday we had some bad storms. Thankfully, there weren't any tornadoes though. It's strange being back in Indiana weather. Over in Cali, we didn't have to even think about tornadoes. I woke up with a horrendous headache today. I'm thinking maybe it's related to all the weather changes/storms, but I'm not sure.
Here are some pictures from the past week or so...
 |
| Saturday 6/23: @ Red Mango in West laffy |
 |
| browsing through the yogurt selection |
 |
| Such a tiny space! |
 |
| Next stop: the driving range out on 52 |
 |
| Our final stop for the night: Texas Roadhouse for dinner |
 |
| I got a grilled chicken salad! yuum! |
 |
| Sunday 6/24: Went to church @ Campus House in W. Laffy. Afterwards, we went to HuHot for lunch. |
 |
| We'd been wanting to try this place out for awhile now. Basically you create your own stir fry. You go through a line and pick what meats, noodles, veggies, sauces you want and then take to to the cook. You get to stand there and watch while he cooks your meal. It's pretty cool. I definitely want to go back! |
 |
| The food bar....btw, sorry the pictures are a bit dark. |
 |
| Monday 6/25: Jessie was making fireworks |
 |
| Tuesday 6/26: Renting our pontoon boat in Morocco! |
 |
| And we're off! |
 |
| D was the first driver! |
 |
| Jessie settling back for a nap haha |
 |
| All the yummy food that Jennica packed! |
 |
| Me w/ my sandwich! |
 |
| D with the dead fish that he caught...the ONLy fish that he caught...it was floating on top of the water all gross looking and he decided to catch it *rolls eyes* |
 |
| Trying to hook the fish |
 |
| Jessie's turn |
 |
| Jessie steering the boat |
 |
| Jennica's turn! |
Well, that's it for now. More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment