Well, we just rolled in to town. Looks like we'll probably be rolling out pretty early in the AM. Headed to Indiana! We've been on the road a couple days and will hopefully get there late tomorrow night. We started out around 9:30ish on Wednesday. We had originally planned on leaving super early, but it was no surprise when that didn't happen. :P On Tuesday night, we stayed up late spending time w/ D's familia and getting things ready. They picked the storage container up on Tuesday morning, so we didn't have a bed or our air mattress. Berenice had said that they had one that we could use, but by the time we found it at like midnight, we realized that it needed batteries. So....we spent the night on a hold cement floor with only one small blanket for both of us to share. haha. It was a very horrible night of sleep. We kept fighting over the blanket, I wanted to cover my feet and D wanted to cover his back. It wasn't long OR wide enough. :sigh:
So instead of getting up at 5, we got up at 7. D wanted to finish up a shelf he had started for Berenice, we had to run over to his parents' house to say bye, we ended up eating breakfast there, and then we had trouble fitting everything into our tiny car. So yeah, haha, that's why we got a late start!
We ended up driving over through Arizona. Didn't really have a route set in stone, kind of just went with the flow. Headed towards Lake Havasu City and then angled up towards the Grand Canyon. Jessie is with us, and he had never seen it, so we thought we should stop. D had been there about 6 years ago and I had been there about 8 or 10 years ago. I think I definitely appreciated it more this time! It was pretty beautiful! We actually stayed there for a couple hours...watched the sunset and it was gorgeous! Drove along the rim road in the dark...pulled up to a view point and it was pitch black. We could hear the wind in the canyon, it sounded like the ocean! It was so scary! I didn't want to get out, but D and Jessie wanted to look at the stars. I have to say that they were amazing! I reminded them about the sign for mountain lions that we had seen earlier down the road and you should have seen them jump in the car. haha! Kind of funny! A little further down the road, we passed a snake and of course we had to turn back around to go check it out. :P hehe
We stopped at Camaron Trading Post and spent the night there. I think it was about 10pm when we stopped. We had originally wanted to get to Tuba City, AZ or Kayenta, AZ ( which is really close to Monument Valley) but all the rooms were booked up. So unfortunately, that added a couple hours of travel time to our trip today.
Here are a couple pictures from yesterday:
 |
| D w/ his momma |
 |
| Jessie, Joe, and D |
 |
| Jessie, D, and their dad |
 |
| Closet shelves that D was working on |
 |
| all our bags that we were trying to stuff in the car |
 |
| Ordering Jessie's plane ticket |
 |
| It was pretty cramped in the backseat that first day |
 |
| We stopped somewhere in CA, maybe Barstow, to try to find a Harvey House |
 |
| Old Harvey House |
 |
| Grand Canyon |
 |
| Walking the trail |
 |
| First glimpse of the canyon |
 |
| Me and D |
 |
| Towards sunset |
 |
| Pretty! |
Okay, that's it for now. I need to get to bed. We need to get up in about 5 hours. :yawnz: Night!
1 comment:
Yay! I was hoping you would update! Yeah, I want to see the Grand Canyon again - I don't think I appreciated it enough the first time... I had hoped we'd go last summer on our way to Cali.
When is Jessie flying back?
Post a Comment