Hello, dear readers! hehe ;) It's Thursday already! One more day and then it's the weekend! yay! Now that I have begun to work, I'm sure that I will appreciate the weekends much, much more! hehe
Work is going well. I have trained with two different supervisors and tomorrow I will be working with an additional one. The therapist for this client ( an 8 yr. old boy) is no longer with the company so there have been a bunch of other therapists who have been filling in. I basically observed the first couple days and then today I started interacting more. I can't really go in to any specifics about the case or the client, but I am falling in love with this kid! He has the cutest little face! I never really thought that I was cut out for working with special ed, but I think it may be growing on me. These kids are so precious. They are some of the most innocent and loving individuals. I think that this job will be good for me in a lot of ways! Certain aspects of my job/environment have already inspired me in the realm of children's literature. I've always wanted to write some children's books and the past couple days I have found GREAT inspiration for a story idea that I have brewing in the back of my mind. I'm really excited about it! The story plays like a movie in my head but putting it into words on a page is where things get difficult.
 |
| The bungalow that is my client's classroom... |
 |
| One of the murals on the wall @ school... |
 |
| They have artwork like this all over the school....LOVE it! |
It's such a CUTE school! There is an amazing view of the ocean from the the playground...I'll try to snap more photos eventually....
I almost ran over this peacock on my way to work this morning. I guess there are tons of them roaming wild around San Pedro. I had never really seen them before, but there are a bunch of them that wander the streets around the school.
I only worked three hours today. I ended up riding into LA w/Diego because he had to go pick up a part for work. We stopped @ In-n-Out for lunch.
Later in the afternoon, I decided to go for a walk. Martha stopped me on my way out to tell me that I got a package in the mail! Yay! I love getting mail!
 |
| From my mom and dad! A little cookbook and some pretty earrings! |
On my walk, the Goodyear blimp flew right overhead. It flows around the LA area all the time, but this is the closest I've ever been to it. I've never seen it fly along the coast like this before...
Oh! I got a couple postcards in the mail this week! One from my parents in Florida and one from my sistah!
 |
| I have them hanging on the refrigerator! |
Well, that's it for now....I still need to add those random pictures from last week. Maybe tomorrow! Night everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment