Thanksgiving, that is... hehe. While I did enjoy spending time w/ my in-laws, I definitely missed being with my family and enjoying their good company and yummilicous food! This Thanksgiving was different indeed. Dinner wasn't ready until around 5 or so, so we slept in and just kind of relaxed in the morning. Alicia's parents were having trouble with their sink drain, so we took the Snake machine over to unclog it.
Diego fixed the problem pretty quickly, so we headed over to his fam's house.
 |
| D and my contribution to dinner was a giant pot of mashed potatoes... |
 |
| yuuuum! |
 |
| Our dinner... |
 |
| My sliver of pumpkin pie |
So we basically hung out @ D's fam's house all day from 1 to 10:30pm. We made the mashed potatoes, hung out while waiting for the turkey to be ready, and then played a bunch of card games. It was pretty fun. Edgar taught us this card game called Speed and it's sooooo much fun! It's basically a race to see which player can get rid of his/her cards the fastest!
Diego had both Thursday and Friday off from work so that was great! We decided to head over to Fry's Electronics store to check out the deals. Diego was wanting to just browse around. It was sooo busy!! But they didn't really have any great deals so we left without buying anything.
 |
| There was a LONG line of cars going in to Fry's. There was even a cop out directing traffic |
 |
| After Fry's, we stopped by D's house. Larry was working on his car... |
 |
| Bigshow had been chewing on the bone (that you can see in front of him)...Diego picked it up and told him to sit and then placed the bone in front of him. Bigshow was sooo patient and just sat there waiting until we told him it was ok to move. What a good doggy! |
 |
| D trying to wrap Bigshow up in a blanket...haha |
 |
| So cute!!! |
Larry and Alicia tagged along with us while we went to a couple more stores. We went to World Market, Michaels, and Target.
I always find so many things that I want at World Market!
 |
| Really pretty jewelery box! |
 |
| Some REALLY nice owl bookends which I love!!!!! |
 |
| Pretty teal pillows...although they wouldn't match my couch unless i get a brown slipcover |
 |
| LOVE the bright colos! |
 |
| The blue fondue set is adorable! I could totally see these in a restaurant... |
 |
| I thought the earrings in the center were pretty...they're an emerald green color... |
 |
| LOVED this! It's so adorable! |
 |
| I thought these would be cool for a little diner/bakery.... |
 |
| We were starving and Alicia and Larry said that this place was pretty good... |
 |
| They were right! My burrito was yummy! |
 |
| The flan wasn't the best though... |
 |
| Alicia wants to go back and try this dessert sometime... |
 |
| Some ADORABLE ornaments that I saw @ Target. I absolutely love these! |
 |
| Some cute cupcake decos |
 |
| i saw this and thought of Aunt Key....also the little pine cone ornaments on the right are pretty cute... |
 |
| Love these earrings!!! I might have to go back and get them! |
 |
| Perty! |
 |
| Cute! |
 |
| ADORABLE picture frame that I saw @ Michaels... |
I think I went a little overboard with the pictures! haha
On Saturday, we met up with Rachel and Edgar at the Golf Range. We had a lot of fun, although I really sucked haha.
 |
| Edgar |
 |
| Checking out the different golf clubs.. |
 |
| Diego's turn... |
 |
| Moi! |
 |
| We'd worked up an appetite, so we decided to get something to eat... |
 |
| Hung out here for a couple hours talking... |
 |
| D's dad bought a bunch of pecans! |
 |
| Later on that evening we went to Johnny Rockets for a late dinner... |
 |
| D and I split a delicious egg salad sandwich and I got a PB malt! Yum! |
 |
| D and I went shopping with Larry today to help him pick out some new clothes... |
 |
| It was an extremely successful shopping trip!!!! |
 |
| We stopped by Radio Shack because larry needed some sort of tool.... |
Well, that's it for now folks. It's almost midnight here and I need to get some sleep. Night everyone!
Countdown Until My Family Lands in Cali: Four weeks from today!!!!
2 comments:
Why did Larry suddenly want to go shopping?
D and I were pushing him to go! And he said, sure. It had been awhile since he'd been. He was buying his shirts way to large in an attempt to make them longer. We told him that JcPenney's had tall sizes and would fit better.
Post a Comment