Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve



Today I have been extremely homesick. I'm really missing home and am sad that I won't be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family this year. It's definitely going to be different this holiday. We're celebrating with Diego's family and I really don't know what to expect. Numerous family members have told me that they don't really celebrate the holiday. They'll make a turkey, but that's about it. My family, on the other hand, is all in to Thanksgiving. Our extended family gathers together and we really focus on family and giving thanks. We take our Thanksgiving food very seriously. We usually have tons and tons of food and desserts:  turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, two different types of dressing, cranberry salad, scalloped corn, deviled eggs, apple salad, carrots, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, pudding dessert, pumpkin bars or cookies, etc.

Although I think tomorrow will be very different than my "norm"....I will try to remain positive...the focus is on thanksgiving after all and I have many things that I'm thankful for.

I'm so thankful for my family even though we're 2,500 miles apart. I have been so blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful family. No, we're not perfect but I grew up in a loving home and grew up in a kind and loving family environment.  Since being away from my family and seeing that not all people were as lucky to grow up in such home, I am more grateful than ever!

I'm thankful for my health, my job, that I have a roof over my head, and that I have people who love me.


Well, I have more to say, but maybe next time. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Btw, how do you like the new layout? I was getting tired of that old one and thought this one seemed more fitting for now! :)


2 comments:

Jennica said...

We'll miss having you at home! It won't be the same without you. :(

Mz.kYLee said...

Definitely missed being there...had a thanksgiving unlike any other i've ever experienced...:P