Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ventura Trip

Sitting here watching TV. I'm on my third episode of Restaurant: Impossible. I LOVE this show! The last episode was about a restaurant in San Diego and I absolutely loved the decor, which is in the photo above. I sooo want to own my own business! Just need to figure out what exactly. :)

So this week I have been staying busy with work. It's my last week of training and next week I will be on my own.

Nothing very exciting has been going on around here. Same old, same old for the most part. Last night D and I went to see "Tower Heist" because it was $5 Tuesday! Since we joined the Regal Royal Crown Club we got $2 popcorn and I received a coupon for a free soft drink. So we got two movie tickets, two popcorns, and a small soft drink for $12!  I'd say that's a pretty good deal, especially since a single movie ticket can cost around $12.

Oh, so I never posted the pictures from this past Sunday.

After church, we grabbed some roast beef sandwiches from Arby's! I hadn't had Arby's in MONTHS! I haven't seen a lot of them around here...
We headed over to D's fam's house to see what was going on....ended up washing and vacuuming the car! I took some pictures, but they didn't load correctly...We were kind of bored and felt like getting out of the city so we decided to drive up to Ventura, which is about an hour and a half drive north of LA. 

We stopped by this frozen yogurt place called Twist Frozen Yogurt in Calabasas....
It was really nice and we liked it even more than Yogurtland! They had tons of yummy yogurt toppings!
The decor was really nice and they had Ipads and internet access!
What an amazing view!
Next, we stopped in Camarillo, which I LOVED! There was sooo much agriculture! Tons of orchards and green fields!
We drove through this little park, but didn't stay...

Lemon trees!


I would so love to live in a place like this! Why didn't i study agriculture? :P

A train that was whizzing past us

A sign for a farm where they grow pine trees...you can go choose and cut your own christmas tree!

Lemon trees

D and his family used to go to this place...

We were trying to capture the beauty of these trees with the sun behind them...GORGEOUS!

Unfortunately, these photos don't do them justice!

View of the ocean from a hilltop in Ventura...

More beautiful trees...

Trying to find beach access...

It was an AMAZING sunset!

The sky was so bright red and it was just beautiful!




That's us! My hair was going crazy as usual because of the salt water in the air!

Traffic was HORRIBLE on our way back to LA. There had been a really bad accident on the northbound side and traffic was even worse over there.

So yeah, I have decided that I really, really liked the Ventura/Oxnard/Camarillo! There's a lot of nature and agriculture. It seems much more laid back and quiet. It's super nice!

Well, that's all for now folks. I'm going to head to bed soon! Night!

1 comment:

Jennica said...

That area looks nice...