Monday, November 7, 2011

Work Week Two

Just checking in since it's been a few days since my last entry.

Here are the pictures from a week or two  ago that I never got posted. Just a few random shots:

Pomegrantes are in season and so we've been eating a lot of them!
Diego's new haircut! I really like it! He usually just tells the stylist to do "whatever" to his hair and so his haircuts never usually turn out. I really liked Hugh Jackman's haircut in "Real Steel" and his facial structure reminds me of Diego's so we asked for a haircut similar to his....
Diego poring over the styling mud that he bought @ the hair salon...
A couple weeks ago I stopped by the San Pedro Farmer's Market and this is what I bought...
Some pretty flowers that I saw when browsing...
There were quite a few booths....
I think the Farmer's Market is held every Friday until 2 pm..
This is the clinic that I went to for my TB test...
I went to the Hidden Hairpin for my first haircut out here....
It really is hidden! It's located in this little hallway so it's kind of difficult to find at first...
As I was walking  back to my car I went through a random building and found this pretty view..
I saw this in the alley near the hair salon. I'm not sure exactly what it is...
Had a busy day today. Worked until 2. I'm still being trained so I should have a supervisor on hand for the rest of the week. After that, I think I'll be on my own.  It looks like I will be working full time with this particular client, so I'll have 25 hours a week, M-F 5 hours a day. I think I"ll be the only therapist on this particular case. So I'll be his main person. Today my supervisor had me take the lead for the majority of the time. I think it went pretty well so that's a relief. I've been pretty nervous because I want to make sure that I learn everything that I need to know.

After work I had to run a bunch of errands. I hadn't talked to my grandma in a few weeks so I gave her a call. Diego went over to a friend's house to do some side work. I think he's going to install a thermostat or something like that. So I'm gonna get busy baking something for my dad since tomorrow is his birthday. I think the post office is closed on Friday because of Veteran's Day so I need to get his package in the mail tomorrow!

I sooo need to go to the gym! I haven't been in a week or two, although I have gone for a few walks in between there. However, now that it's getting dark so early I probably won't be able to walk as often so hopefully I can get in the routine of going to the gym at least three times a week. Maybe even before work once I get this whole 'getting up early' thing down pat. It's definitely been difficult this past week. I was used to getting up at 9 or so and now I get up between 6 and 7.

Well, I need to get busy. I'm going to bake a cake for my dad since tomorrow is his birthday. I'm hoping to mail it out tomorrow and praying that it will get there in one piece! We shall see.

Before I sign off, I'm going to share a few pictures from Jessie's football game this past Friday. It was his last home game of the season. Diego was able to get off work early so we made it to the game!

Jessie is #17

The storm clouds rolling in...

That's Jessie on the right....

Jessie's team was slaughtering the visitors....I almost felt bad for them...

Me and D hanging out in the bleachers....

You can see the clouds hanging over the downtown...

There's a storm a brewin!


It kept getting darker!
and finally it started to rain!


So yeah, his team won by a landslide so it was a good game!

Well, that's it for now. Ciao!

3 comments:

Jennica said...

I think I recognize that fountain... is it near Warner Theatre? What else did they have at the farmer's market? We're gonna have to skype soon - maybe this weekend?

Roxanna P said...

That stuff you got at the farmer's market looked good! Sounds like you are liking your job so far! :)

Mz.kYLee said...

yeah, it's right across the street from the Warner! How do you remember that?

Roxy-- yes, everything was delicious! especially the zuchinni bread!!