Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Big Move

Hola! I know it's been awhile since I updated, but it's been an extremely busy/hectic/stressful few days. Last week, D quit his job because he did not agree with his boss' methods. We thought that we would have a few weeks to move out, but we found out on Thursday afternoon that they wanted us out by Monday. We were definitely stressed. I usually have my family helping me pack, but this time we were on our own. I was extremely overwhelmed, but we ended up getting it done! We sure had a lot crammed into that tiny little apartment! I thought that we'd downsized already, but looks like we may need to downsize again! haha

Our apartment on Thursday evening, before the packing began: 

Living Room

Plus dining room table

Kitchen

D relaxing a bit before we started packing

I loved my photo walls

Fridge all decked out w/ family photos

Messy bedroom

We were using every available space for storage haha



My birthday presents from Jennica! (The nutella was for Diego) I was trying to wait until my birthday (Sunday) to open them, but realized that I probably wouldn't have much time due to the move. So I opened them on Thursday.

She wrote a message on my gifts! Love this! <3

Also, loved my card

My gifts: a cute little change purse, magnet w/ a great quote, Magnolia Bakery cookbook. DVD series of an old TV show we used to watch @ my grandparents house when we were little, Paula Dean DVD, and an address book w/ all of the addys filled in!!! Great gifts! I loved them all! I think my favorite was definitely the address book filled w/ all the addresses!

I was skyping w/ Jennica and it was kind of loud, so D moved closer to the TV. haha Reminds me of when I was little and used to do that!

Skyping w/ Jennica. You can see D in the background. haha

Friday:  starting to pack

Saturday: The place was a mess!

Lunch break! D picked up some KFC.

He also picked up a helper---Jessie! We rented a small storage unit and they were getting ready to make the first trip over there. I think we got a 5'x10'

Loading up the truck

"hmm...i think that will work."

After D rented the storage unit on Saturday, he found out that they would be closed the next day for Easter which definitely complicated things for us. We had planned on moving that day. So, we ended up renting a Uhaul for a couple days.

Larry stopped by on Saturday afternoon to help out a bit.

Loading all the big stuff

They took all the big furniture out first like the couch and table. That gave us a lot more space to pack up the boxes!

I also end up throwing all my junk on the bed when we're packing lol
Well, I think that's all for now. I will try to update again tomorrow. I've been working on some things for my class, but I think I'm going to head to bed here shortly. I have been staying up pretty late the past few nights. Last night I was up until after 1am grading exams because I had told my students that I would return them today. :yawnz:

Goodnight!

No comments: