It's testing time again at work. My students are taking the written portion of their final exam. There's not much for me to do until they finish and I can begin grading, so I thought I would post a few pictures from our San Diego trip. If you already looked @ the pictures over on facebook, then you might want to skip this entry because they're all the same pics. :)
And those are the highlights of our weekend in San Diego. It was a belated birthday trip and I had a good time! I love exploring new places! The next place I want to visit is San Francisco! It sounds amazing!
Well, that's it for now. Have a good day! :)
| Saturday 4/14: We got to Sea World around 3pm |
| Our first stop was to get some food! hehe ;) |
| This is us @ the Sea Lion show. It was was windy, chilly, and kind of rainy out so not a lot of people... |
| I <3 watching the sea lions! people were feeding them and they would just stand @ the side begging for food |
| This ole' fellow just couldn't get comfortable on that rock. He looked so cute. Kind of reminded me of Snickle for some reason |
| I loved watching the dolphins! They're so friendly and seem super intelligent! |
| Me trying to pose w/ the dolphins...they were so fast though |
| Otters...they're pretty cute also |
| D was fascinated by them... |
| Us |
| We got some hot chocolate while waiting for the dolphin show to start... |
| I really enjoyed this show. we didn't get to see it last time when we were here ( in december) |
| Hanging out by the lilly pads |
| Loved the turtle exhibit! |
| There was a scratch on the glass of the tank and this crazy turtle kept trying to eat it. He thought it was food. haha |
| This walrus was HUGE! |
| The penguin exhibit was deserted! Of course it was almost 9pm so they were getting ready to close. But it was pretty cool to have the place to ourselves. Even most of the penguins were sleeping haha |
| Saturday 4/15: We hung out in Balboa Park for awhile. They had a ton of museums. We didn't go to any of them, but maybe next time. |
| they had these cute little cars that you could rent w/ just a credit card |
| the international cottages were pretty interesting. I guess they're only open on Sundays. |
| The Beatles haha |
| map of balboa park |
| @ the Organ Pavilion |
| There is a giant organ behind this door. They give free concerts on Sundays, so we hung around to listen to a couple songs. |
| The lilly pads! their were some koi fish and some cute little turtles in the water |
| D's smile looks more like a grimace...haha |
| The sculpture garden |
| I loved this archway and giant window |
| Walking around... |
| We tried some amazing almond pastries @ one of the houses...I think it was Norway or Sweden...can't remember which. They were sooo good! |
| The bay w/ the city skyline in the background |
| We ate at this cute little Italian restaurant a ways out of San Diego. I can't remember the name, but it started w/ a 'c'...it was near the water. |
| I got this amazing pizza w/ walnuts and pears. I'm not sure what kind of cheese it had, but it was sooo good! |
And those are the highlights of our weekend in San Diego. It was a belated birthday trip and I had a good time! I love exploring new places! The next place I want to visit is San Francisco! It sounds amazing!
Well, that's it for now. Have a good day! :)
4 comments:
Did you get one of those food passes again?
The name of the restaurant is in the following photo. :p
I really want to visit those cottages!
Was the dolphin show better than Shamu?
I was trying to think of the name of the CITY not the restaurant :P
hehe
Yes, the dolphin show was much better than shamu! They got in the water and interacted w the dolphins!
yeah, we got a food pass! The cottages were pretty interesting!!!
Post a Comment