Well, we had a good flight back to LA. Thankfully we didn't have to ride that horrible bus up to the airport in Chicago because Mom, Dad, and Jennica drove us! :D Got through check in/security fairly quickly, then hung out in one of the gift shops for awhile trying to decide on some magazines. It was a full flight-every single seat was filled. I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to sit together, but it worked out that we did. With Southwest, you can begin to check in online 24 hours before your flight. You are then assigned a letter and a number and have to board the plane in that order. We were B 25 and 26! There weren't a lot of empty seats together when we boarded so if we had waited any longer to check in, we probably would have had to sit apart. We sat in the very last row back by the bathrooms. I had never sat so far back before. It was kind of interesting because we had a really good view of the entire plane and were aware of everything going on back by the bathrooms/flight attendants. However, it was NOT fun during take off!
Chicho and Jessie came to pick us up from the airport. The pick up area @ the airport is INSANE! We saw so many potential accidents. We also saw this limo scrape along the side of a taxi. We heard this loud crunching noise that just went on forever. So painful sounding!
Our car is over @ Larry's in Carson (about 30 or 40 min away ) so we need to figure out a way to get over there and pick it up. I think we might have to take the metro over. I also need to go by my work later to pick up some materials. I start back to work tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous because it's a whole new class-new books, new students, different level.
Anyways, here are some pictures from last week:
 |
| The |
 |
| Jennica, Mom, and margaret...in Margaret's sewing room |
 |
| Pretty flowers by her front porch! |
 |
| The front drive...Margaret and John live out in the country and I absolutely love their location! |
 |
| Margaret showing us her flowers |
 |
| Their house! I love old farmhouses! I think this house is at least 100 years old! |
 |
| The lane leading up to their house... |
 |
| pretty! |
 |
| John was excited to show Mom his new barn/shed/garage... |
 |
| Their dog, Greta, was watching some squirrels |
 |
| Saturday 5/5/12: Later that afternoon we headed down to laffy. Jennica wanted to get some pictures at this fishing spot |
 |
| Jennica and D |
 |
| Moi |
 |
| Sisters! |
 |
| Looking @ a fish....it swam right up to the shore and was flopping around |
 |
| D grabbed it...he said it looked like it had a gash on it's head. It must have been in shock or something...he threw it back in and it swam away |
 |
| Next, we decided to go to the driving range in W. Laffy |
 |
| We had a lot of fun! Mom was really good! |
 |
| This was Jennica's first time golfing |
 |
| hehe i like this picture of dad |
 |
| Group shot! |
 |
| We ate dinner @ O'charley's |
 |
| I love their turkey burgers and ceasar salad! |
 |
| they have really good yeast rolls, too. |
Well, that's it for now. I guess we're going to go pick up the car in a bit. Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment