Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sleepy, oh so sleepy....

Just got home from work. I'm feeling so very sleepy. :yawnz: We need to go return our cable box. They were supposed to come pick it up before we left for Indiana, but it was a giant hassle--first they showed up at the wrong place, and then they said they would send someone to this address and never did. So then when we were in Indiana, they kept calling D and harassing him about it. He told them that he was out of state, but could return it when we got back or that they could pick it up from the house, etc. So finally, they said that we could return it when we got back. I checked the mail yesterday and they had turned D over to a collection agency because of this crazy cable box! And it was their fault to begin with, they're the ones that kept messing up! Augh! Time Warner ( the cable company) is a real pain in the butt!

Anyways, that's my rant for the day! haha Today was my second day of teaching my new class. I think It's going ok. I have a fairly large class--I think about 12 students. I went in to work on Tuesday and met the new Educational Coordinator. I stayed there for an hour or so talking to her, to Yoko, and Kay. So some new changes, new class, new students. I'm supposed to start private tutoring sessions with a client on Friday. We'll meet for an hour every Friday. I'm a bit nervous about it. It's a brazilian lady and she's wanting to work on Business English. My boss is putting a lot of pressure on me to do well because this lady may recommend that her nieces sign up for classes. So I'm kind of anxious about it all!

It's been so hot here the past couple days! I am dying without AC! I've just felt so sweaty and sticky. Ugh! Hate it! Yesterday I had a horrible migraine--I'm thinking it may have been partly brought on by the heat. I had had a slight headache all day, but it really intensified when I was at the grocery store w/ Jessie and Diego. We had gone to buy some water and some plantains for Jessie's school project. By the time we got out of there, I was seeing spots. I'm really sensitive to bright lights and they can often trigger my migraines. I got a cold shower as soon as we got back to Berenice's house and then went straight to bed. When I have a bad headache, I always want a cool, dark room with a cold wash cloth on my forehead. Thankfully, I must have fallen asleep right away and I woke up this morning feeling much better!!!

Sunday 5/6/12: D and I went up to church w/ Mom and Dad. Afterwards, we ate dinner @ the Texas Corral.

Mom walking Grandma in to the restaurant.



I loved all their sayings and words of wisdom.


Waiting for our meal.


Uncle Chris, Becky, Grandma Stella, Aunt mary

So funny!

haha!!


Well, I guess I'd better get busy! Can't believe it's Thursday already! This week has flown by! Hasta Luego!

No comments: