Then why is it like 56 degrees out?! Especially since we're in California! I could understand the weather being all spazzy in Indiana, but I thought summertime in Cali was supposed to be super nice! :p But not tonight, it's super windy and really chilly. I kind of like it though. It's been so HOT lately, so it will be nice to have that crisp/cool feeling when I got to sleep instead of feeling all sticky and sweaty from the heat.
Nothing that new here. Last night we drove to Arcadia to pick up some machines that we purchased off of Craigslist. There were three of them and we put them all in the back of D's pickup truck. Larry, Joe, and Jessie went over there with us to help load them.
Work has been okay. My last day will be Tuesday the 5th. I had my private tutoring session this afternoon. I think it went okay. We're supposed to tell all my students next Friday that I will be leaving. My boss wants to wait until she has the new teacher lined up. We're supposed to head up to Portland on Wednesday the 6th. I think we fly out that morning and then we will come back on Friday the 8th. I'm not sure when we'll head back to IN. Probably soon after that.
I've realized that I'm definitely going to miss some things about California. I've been here less than a year, but there are some things I've grown to like. Of course, there are some things I won't miss at all! Like living in such a crowded city, the traffic, the smog, etc. One thing I will definitely miss is the diversity! Out here, I am mainly surrounded by non-white people. At my job, most of the people are Asian or some other nationality. Where we're living/shopping/staying is all hispanic. I'm rarely around people who are like me. Sometimes I like being around people who are similar to me of course, but I also find it intriguing to be around different cultures and people. I've been learning alot. I really enjoy being around Asian cultures. I find them extremely interesting. It also creates a strong desire to travel and see the world-- to experience more of the different cultures/perspectives/locations.....maybe someday...
My Friday night has been pretty uneventful. D and Berenice went to the store and I stayed home w/ the doggies. Well, technically I didn't realize it because I was taking a nap. When I woke up and walked to the living room I saw that Bambi had torn up a roll of toilet paper and it was all over the living room. sigh. Berenice was cooking cow's tongue ( lengua)...I was going to try and be adventurous and maybe try a little bite, but then I opened the lid of the pot. It was sitting there in a huge pot of water just boiling away. i could tell that it was tongue, it had that same texture. You know when you look at your tongue and see all the little dots and it just has that certain texture. That's what it looked like. I just couldn't bring myself to eat it! Yuuuuuck! Later on, D and I drove to Little Tokyo to this yogurt place that we found in some Asian mall. It was super good! Then came home and watched a novella w/ Berenice. She's hooked on them and D has been watching it too. I decided I'd try to practice my spanish so watched it too. hahahah I could barely understand what was going on, but the dramatic music and corny acting was almost too much to take! haha I def think that watching Spanish television could help me improve my language skills though....
Well, I have pictures to add, but don't want to take the time to upload them because they take forever..So maybe next time! Goodnight!
Nothing that new here. Last night we drove to Arcadia to pick up some machines that we purchased off of Craigslist. There were three of them and we put them all in the back of D's pickup truck. Larry, Joe, and Jessie went over there with us to help load them.
Work has been okay. My last day will be Tuesday the 5th. I had my private tutoring session this afternoon. I think it went okay. We're supposed to tell all my students next Friday that I will be leaving. My boss wants to wait until she has the new teacher lined up. We're supposed to head up to Portland on Wednesday the 6th. I think we fly out that morning and then we will come back on Friday the 8th. I'm not sure when we'll head back to IN. Probably soon after that.
I've realized that I'm definitely going to miss some things about California. I've been here less than a year, but there are some things I've grown to like. Of course, there are some things I won't miss at all! Like living in such a crowded city, the traffic, the smog, etc. One thing I will definitely miss is the diversity! Out here, I am mainly surrounded by non-white people. At my job, most of the people are Asian or some other nationality. Where we're living/shopping/staying is all hispanic. I'm rarely around people who are like me. Sometimes I like being around people who are similar to me of course, but I also find it intriguing to be around different cultures and people. I've been learning alot. I really enjoy being around Asian cultures. I find them extremely interesting. It also creates a strong desire to travel and see the world-- to experience more of the different cultures/perspectives/locations.....maybe someday...
My Friday night has been pretty uneventful. D and Berenice went to the store and I stayed home w/ the doggies. Well, technically I didn't realize it because I was taking a nap. When I woke up and walked to the living room I saw that Bambi had torn up a roll of toilet paper and it was all over the living room. sigh. Berenice was cooking cow's tongue ( lengua)...I was going to try and be adventurous and maybe try a little bite, but then I opened the lid of the pot. It was sitting there in a huge pot of water just boiling away. i could tell that it was tongue, it had that same texture. You know when you look at your tongue and see all the little dots and it just has that certain texture. That's what it looked like. I just couldn't bring myself to eat it! Yuuuuuck! Later on, D and I drove to Little Tokyo to this yogurt place that we found in some Asian mall. It was super good! Then came home and watched a novella w/ Berenice. She's hooked on them and D has been watching it too. I decided I'd try to practice my spanish so watched it too. hahahah I could barely understand what was going on, but the dramatic music and corny acting was almost too much to take! haha I def think that watching Spanish television could help me improve my language skills though....
Well, I have pictures to add, but don't want to take the time to upload them because they take forever..So maybe next time! Goodnight!
1 comment:
Yeah, I would imagine that moving is bittersweet...
Post a Comment