Friday, May 18, 2012

That Was a Short Work Week!

Well, that week sure flew by quickly! I survived my last work day of the week! It was a busy day. I had class as normal, then I had a work meeting, and then I began my private tutoring session. I'm extremely nervous about these sessions. It's the first time I've really ever done private ESL tutoring and it seems so much more intimidating. My client is a professional (she works at a bank and her hubby is a lawyer) and wants to work on her business English. I haven't really been provided with a textbook, so I'm in need of materials. I just kind of feel out of my league-I've never really taught Business English and so that makes me nervous. But she does want to start with some basic grammar and vocabulary, so hopefully I will be able to find the resources to help me do my job well. I was talking to D today and I was saying that I think most teachers are good BSers. ;) haha I mean you have to know about your topic, but especially as a newer teacher, I have to almost put on a facade of confidence, even when I feel like my confidence is at zero. Teaching really is all about acting. You put on a mask during your class time and then take it off after hours. As an introvert, I find it so very tiring. But at least I have some good students and I love my boss and co-workers! :)

Not a lot new here. Larry and D are still working on their patent idea. Yesterday late afternoon/early evening, D and I took Bigshow to the park. The park is all the way over near Bellflower, so it's probably at least a 30 minute drive. It's the one we always go to though. I think D and his sibling used to go there when they were little. We walked around the park, relaxed on the hill for awhile and ate some shaved ice. The same guy was there selling the ice and it only costs $1. I would imagine that he makes a pretty good profit though because that park is ALWAYS packed! Diego estimated that the guy probably brings in $300 or so a day. Seven days a week and that's $2100 a week. Man, I'm almost tempted to go into the shaved ice business! ;)

Some More Pictures from my trip to Indiana: 

Monday 5/7: Mom,Dad, Diego, and I went up to the NRA Convention in Chicago. NRA= the national restaurant association. D and Dad dropped us off a little closer to the center while they parked the truck.

Me and Mom...still waiting...

As you can see it was a rainy, miserable day...

Entrance

Dad talking on his phone...

Cool fountain at the convention center

Looking at our maps

Mom and D were pretty excited to get these green tote bags--and they were free!

Getting ready to head into the exhibits...



There were sooooooooooo many exhibits...it was super overwhelming!

Looking for a booth...

We were loving the free samples! They were passing them out everywhere!

Giant potato!

Lots and LOTS of people!

Once the show had ended for the day, we got lost and were trying to find the correct exit. We had gone the wrong way and were fighting our way through the masses.

We finally found our exit!

After a quick bathroom break, we were on our way home!
Well, I think that's it for now. I started this entry several hours earlier. It's now 10:40 pm. I'm still helping Larry and Diego with their patent idea. Starting to get sleepy though! Night!

No comments: