Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Busy, Busy weekend...

It has been a busy, busy weekend and it absolutely FLEW by! I remember feeling on Friday that Tuesday was a long ways off, well now it's almost Tuesday and I'm wondering where my weekend went!? 

Saturday: D, Larry, Joe, and I spent most of Saturday driving around to different furniture stores looking for some things for the business. It was a LOOOONG day, but we learned a lot! Mainly, we learned that furniture is SUPER expensive and that nothing is cheap. haha. Joe took us to this burger place called Tam's and it was pretty good. They're hamburgers were excellent and their fries were pretty good too.

Sunday: Everyone had been talking about doing something--having a cookout or something, but no one planned anything. Finally, D and I got the ball rolling. We drove D's mom over to Glendale to visit one of her friends in the hospital and then ran to Ralph's to pick up some food. I had left a "to do" list and by the time we got back to the house, they had accomplished quite a bit! We packed everything into D's truck and headed over to Wilderness Park over by Downey. D and I got stuck in traffic because of an accident so Rachel and Edgar actually beat us there. D was not going to rest until we found a volleyball, so we stopped by a dollar store to pick one up on the way. Ended up getting a lot of use out of it too. They played volleyball for HOURS. I was almost regretting that stop to buy it. haha.

So yeah, when we got to the park Jessie, Edgar, and Rachel had already found a great spot. We unloaded everything and got organized. By that time, everyone else was showing up. Joe had invited a few of his friends, so we had a pretty large group. All of D's fam was there except Chicho and Crystal and then his parents. We got there around 3:30 and didn't leave until like 8:30. I think everyone had a blast. Jessie just couldn't quite talking about how much fun it was. hehe So that's good. I mean, he's a teenager and usually acts like almost everything is boring. :P

Here are some pictures:

Stuck in traffic

Unloading all our supplies


Firing up the grill



Gil and D hanging up the hammcok

Joe w/ his friends

Rachel

D's grandpa actually made this hammock!


We had some nice shade trees



ghetto volleyball net haha

berenice w/ her doggies

Volleyball game

me w/ mollie

rachel and silvia

bambi!

dobie!


Larry


There are more pictures from the cookout, but I'll add them later. Goodnight !

No comments: